Do you ever buy a product ‘unconsciously’? We certainly all have in our past! The thought pattern goes something like “I need some baby wipes (or any product). What’s the cheapest or most convenient option?” We’d then grab the nearest product without looking at the ingredients or doing any further research whatsoever. Blind trust! That is ‘unconscious consumption’ and it’s becoming a relic of a bygone era….a good thing!
More of us are becoming discerning or ‘conscious’ in our product choices. We ask questions like these:
– Why should I buy this brand? What’s their story?
– What certifications do they have?
– Is it made by a multi-national or someone a little more likely to bother putting my needs before theirs?
– Can it be deemed earth-friendly or more ‘sustainable’ than other options available?
– Does this brand hide their ingredients that have long, scary names?
– What do I guess their customer service will be like? Am I going to find it hard to have a direct dialogue with those behind the ‘great wall of packaging’?
These are just examples of questions more and more of us are asking as we go about our purchasing journeys. We are much less inclined to do an impulsive purchase these days. Armed with smartphones and an inquiring mind, and driven by a desire to see change in the world around us, we are saying goodbye to the old days and in with the new.
At Joonya we just love having such wonderful customers who all seem to wear the ‘conscious consumer’ label as a badge of honour. Well done you!