One of Joonya’s core values is transparency. We don’t like corporate secrets, and it’s a safe bet that you don’t either. In fact its one of the main reasons we started Joonya.
At around the start of this year, we announced a new supplier of our wipes, based in New Zealand. Some of you asked why we would change suppliers when the original wipes were so good. To be honest, we asked ourselves the same question after the first batch arrived with a few, mostly minor issues. The second batch is much better, and we’ll continue to improve as we move forward. Your feedback really helps us, so thankyou!
Changing suppliers is hard, and many brands don’t bother – it can create issues when trying to match an award-winning product in every respect. At Joonya we are definitely wipes perfectionists and we knew we had to pause subscriptions and launch a massive discount on the first batch from New Zealand. Our business suffered massively, but we did not want to ruin the brand by pretending nothing had happened. Many of you supported us in our decision and have said you will remain loyal because of how we chose transparency ahead of everything. Most of you have re-started your subscriptions, so thankyou from the bottom of our hearts.
It is worth reminding why we made the change from China to New Zealand, and why we are sticking with the new supplier:
1) New Zealand is a country known for being clean, green and transparent. Hello Joonya values!
2) We were offered the option to make the Aloe, Jojoba and Chamomile ingredients certified organic – tick!
3) We were offered 100% FSC-certified fabric, a sustainable option from the most trusted scheme for protecting our forests.
4) Covid really bought home the importance of having a supplier close to home.
5) We like to support local where we can, and New Zealand is as local as we could find (there are no private label options for our wipes in Australia).
6) We really like the people who run the New Zealand facility. They are not only professionals, they are also honest and friendly – just the type of people we like to work with. They owned up to the problems with that first batch!
We will continue to work with our Kiwi supplier to perfect the wipes in the months ahead, and your support through this period has been critical in getting us through. We are 100% dedicated to having the very best baby wipe on the market for the best possible price, and we know you are supportive of our efforts to go about this.